Get in Touch.
Questions or ideas? Email us at email@example.com.
Meet our Team.
Bremen Leak, Associate Director, Sustainability & Continuity
Bremen leads strategic planning for sustainability and resiliency at BYU. An experienced program manager, he has worked previously for Yale University, Johns Hopkins University, and the Natural Resource Governance Institute. He studied journalism at BYU and sustainability and business at Oxford University.
Heather Phipps, Sustainability Coordinator
Heather is an Environmental Science & Sustainability major with hands-on experience in carbon mapping, climate action planning, and community organizing. A Seattle native, she also co-directs the BYU Student Sustainability Initiative.
Whitney Kingsolver, Sustainability Coordinator
Whitney is an undergraduate studying Environmental Science & Sustainability and International Development. She has always had a passion for protecting the environment and studying social issues. She is from Orem, Utah, and hopes to help local communities become more sustainable.
Jane Wilson, Sustainability Coordinator
Jane is an undergraduate from Springville, Utah, studying Design and Business. Her journey to sustainable living began in high school, when her family’s exchange students raised her awareness of global environmental issues, and she hopes to help make sustainable living accessible to everyone.
Carr Krueger, University Sustainability Officer
Carr serves as the executive leader of BYU’s auxiliaries and programs, including the Sustainability Office. Prior to joining BYU, he and his wife raised their family in the Seattle area while leading two large consulting firms. A graduate of BYU and Cornell University, he has served on many BYU alumni boards and associations.
Sustainability Operations & Support
- Bill Rudy, Recycling: 801-422-4662
- Dean Wright, Dining Services: 801-422-4935
- Glenl Wear, Grounds: 801-422-5410
- Paul Snyder, Printing: 801-422-5541
- Todd Hollingshead, Media Relations: 801-422-8373
- Bike Sharing Office: 801-422-5593
Sustainability Working Group
- Ben Abbott, Plant & Wildlife Sciences
- Matt Giles, Buildings, Grounds & Transportation
- Jaron Hansen, Chemistry
- Rollin Hotchkiss, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Carr Krueger (chair), Auxiliaries & Programs
- Bremen Leak, Sustainability & Continuity
- Chip Oscarson, Undergraduate Education
- Branden Wilson, Risk Management & Environmental Health