Here's what's on our calendar at BYU and beyond.
Events hosted by the BYU Sustainability Office are in bold. All times listed are in Mountain Time.
- 11/6-18: 2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27)
- 11/7-12: Cougstival, a service-themed scavenger hunt with prizes
- 11/8: Election Day
- 11/9: Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) Meet and Greet! 4pm-4:50pm, HBLL Room 2232.
Learn how you can get involved in stewardship at BYU and meet students with similar interests. A sweet treat will be provided!
- 11/9-11: Peery Film Series screenings of "Human Flow" by the Ballard Center, Varsity Theater (WSC)
- 11/11: 2022 Utah Food Summit at UVU, 10am-3:30pm
- 11/16: BYU GIS Day, HBLL 2740, 4pm
- 11/17: Screening of "Inhabitants: Indigenous Perspectives On Restoring Our World" by the BYU Student Sustainability Initiative, HBLL 1060, 6pm
- 11/19: Service project with the BYU Botany Club, noon-2pm, RSVP
- 11/24: Thanksgiving Day (no classes 11/23-25)
- 11/29: BYU Forum with climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe, 11am
- Want to help design a space or monument to celebrate BYU's sesquicentennial anniversary in 2025? Interested creatives can submit their résumés and portfolios at PublicArtist.org by 11/11/2022.
- Help shape the 2023 Intermountain Sustainability Summit 3/23-24, hosted by Weber State University. All proposals are due Friday, 12/2/2022.
- Interested in private-sector solutions to climate change? Contact BYU student Adam Johnson (email@example.com) to take a survey and participate in a virtual focus group. Two or three volunteers are needed.
- Student Innovator of the Year: Win funding for prototyping and research from BYU Engineering, the BYU Weidman Center for Global Leadership, and the BYU Rollins Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology. Apply.
- Solar Decathlon: Join an interdisciplinary team led by BYU's award-winning Sustainability Decathlon Club as they construct a net-zero building on campus this fall. All majors are welcome to apply.
- Climate Change Stories: Submit personal stories of climate change for an exhibit at the BYU Life Science Museum.